Technology & Design: Quality is more than a buzzword
We're pretty obsessed with quality, too.
By quality, we mean both the excellent caliber of our materials and construction, and also that ideal, ineffable, transcendental "something" that we have, that no one else has. We'll get to that in a minute.
The fact is, some speaker makers source their components and materials, cobble together off-the-shelf parts, and say, "We made this."
At Paradigm, we actually do make this. And we even make the machines that make the parts that we use to make the speakers you love. We have complete and total hands-on control over the majority of our loudspeaker manufacturing process. This allows us to pay an inordinate amount of attention to the tiny details that go into each and every component and part.
Attention to detail: that results in quality.
- Industry standard for winding voice coils is ±1 turn. We wind our voice coils ±0 turns to stabilize impedance and eliminate inconsistencies.
- The magnetic gaps in our magnet structures have tolerances of ±0.025 mm (±0.001 in) to ensure higher unit-to-unit consistency.
- Our cone material is batch-purchased to eliminate run-to-run variations; single-run drivers are paired for more exact timbre matching.
- The precision components in our custom made amplifiers ensure power consistency, operational efficiency, and long-term reliability.
- All of our amplifier circuit boards are made to "military specifications" (FR4-rated).
- Every circuit board is tested (with software we designed and coded) on a "bed of nails" - a contact system that tests multiple connections at once - to ensure that it exceeds specifications and standards.
- Our inductors are wound to ±1/2 turn. Industry standard is typically ±3 turns.
- Paradigm film capacitors are ±5% tolerance.
- Every amplifier receives a real-world test load, and is closely monitored and calibrated, to ensure extreme reliability in extreme performance situations.
This kind of attention to detail allows us to confidently ensure a superior level of sonic uniformity. For example, we can proclaim that every Paradigm speaker is matched to within 1/2 dB of its production reference, a virtually impossible standard, giving them the ability to produce an utterly convincing, lifelike soundstage.
And when you hear it, you'll also be clued in to the second kind of quality we mentioned, that mysterious shimmery something that lends a special, personal value.
When you listen to Paradigm loudspeakers, and you hear the audio entertainment that brings you the most joy, reproduced in the most accurate, realistic way possible, in all of its intensity, in the comfort of your own home, it's a breathtaking and moving experience.
And that's... also quality.
That's what drives us. We can't wait for you to hear it.