For over thirty years Paradigm Electronics, an industry-leading manufacturer and distributor of high quality consumer electronics products, has set the standard for sonic and video excellence in every product category we offer. Our focus is on providing the best in performance and value, while continually pushing the boundaries in loudspeaker and electronics design. With our continued growth in production, an opportunity now exists for one Manufacturing Engineer to join our Mississauga facility.
SCOPE OF POSITION
- The incumbent is responsible for directing and coordinating the planning and completion of manufacturing and engineering projects.
- Identify costing issues with BOM’s and maintain as required.
- Develop and implement Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Perform process mapping to determine ways to better optimize processes.
- Identify and design ways to reduce manufacturing cost including scrap reduction, improving quality, optimizing labour efficiencies and productivity.
- Identify areas in need of process improvement with a focus on improving quality, productivity and safety.
- Work with all departments to develop process improvement plans.
- Responsible for accurate development and implementation of process documentation including process and work flow instructions.
- Support daily operations by identifying and solving process problems
- Identify, recommend and implement new process technology following through internal capital acquisition process.
- Requires a minimum of seven years manufacturing engineering experience in a consumer electronic manufacturing environment.
- University degree in Engineering or Industrial Engineering preferred (minimum bachelor degree or equivalent experience) in any of the following fields:
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering,
- Industrial Engineering
- CET and P.Eng
- Strong background in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and Value stream mapping
- Experienced in leading Kaizen and other process improvement exercises
- Familiar with ERP systems and BOM structures
- Experienced in AutoCAD and or Solid works
In addition to a competitive salary based on experience we offer an excellent benefit plan and a team environment. We strive to be an employee oriented organization with particular emphasis on our employees well being.
HOW TO APPLY
As a condition of employment, this position is subjected to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
Criminal Background Checks
Cover letter and resumes will be accepted and can be forwarded by e-mail. Our contact information is listed below: